The Philippine Science High School (PSHS) offers Grades 7-12 education, under the Department of Science and Technology (DOST). The PSHS offers a world-class curriculum specializing in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM).
There are over 16 campuses of PSHS. Every year, they are conducting the National Competitive Examination (NCE), a one-time screening examination to determine the qualifiers for PSHS scholarship. The NCE is for incoming Grade 7 students only.
However, for the SY 2021-2022, the annual National Competitive Examination (NCE) will not be administered instead they will use the (RACE) Requirements for Admission, Criteria and Evaluation.
Who are eligible to apply for the PSHS Scholarship?
A grade 6 elementary pupil from a duly recognized school by the Department of Education who meets the following criteria is eligible to apply.
- have a final grade of 85% or better in Science and Mathematics, evidenced by the student’s report card. If the student’s grades in Science or Math are below 85%, then, he/she must provide evidence that he/she belongs to the upper 10% of the batch;
- be a Filipino citizen with no pending or approved application as an immigrant to any foreign country;
- have at least a satisfactory rating (or its equivalent) in his/her Character Rating in his/her report card (SY 2019 – 2020);
- not have taken the PSHS NCE previously;
- preferably, be in good health and fit to undergo a rigorous academic program.
Free tuition fee, free loan of textbooks, monthly stipend, Uniform/transportation/living allowances for low-income groups, dormitory accommodation (if applicable).
Aside from the world-class education that PSHS provides, with no tuition fee, a PSHS scholar receives a monthly stipend of Php 500.00. In addition to this, living allowances are provided, see the table below for the classification of allowances, based on socio-economic status of a scholar. Scholars also avail of free loan of textbooks.
|(in Philippine Peso)||Full||Partial 1||Partial 2||Partial 3|
|Total Grant per Month||4,000.00||3,500.00||2,500.00||500.00|
For walk-in applicants:
- Duly accomplished application form
- Two (2) most recent identical 1×1 ID pictures
- Proof of Payment (Php 300 for private schools and should be paid first to the PSHS Cashier before proceeding to application sign up; free for public schools and private scholars)
- Certified true copy of report card (SY 2019-2020) by the class adviser / principal.
- Only if the final grades in Science and/or Math are below 85%, certification or proof that the child belongs to the upper 10% of the batch.
- Only if a scholar from a private school, certification or proof that the child is a scholar of the school.
For applicants online:
Duly accomplished online form including required attachments such as:
- Scanned/Digitized copy of most recent 1×1 ID pictures
- Scanned/Digitized copy of Proof of Payment (Php 300 for private schools and should be paid first to Landbank before proceeding to application sign up; free for public schools and private scholars)
- Scanned/Digitized copy of a certified true copy of the report card (SY 2019-2020) by the class adviser/principal.
- Only if the student’s grades in Science and/or Math are below 85%, then, he/she must provide evidence that he/she belongs to the upper 10% of the batch;
- Only if a scholar from a private school, scanned/digitized copy of certification or proof that the child is a scholar of the school.
(RACE) Requirements for Admission, Criteria and Evaluation
The PSHS will use the RACE which is an alternative to NCE for SY 2021-2022. This new system is adopted to prevent the spread of COVID among thousand of examinees.
- The selection procedure shall be conducted in two stages.
- The first stage is by determining the applicant’s predicted NCE grade (PNG) which is based on final grades in Science and Mathematics in Grade 5.
- The second stage is based on writing skills through submission of an essay and the applicant’s academic rank at the end of Grade 5
- Applicants will be ranked from the highest to lowest based on their Final Score
- The top 240 applicants are considered as the Principal Qualifiers to the PSHS-Main Campus (MC).
- The top 90 or 120, depending on the quota of the PSHS campus, candidates in the regional ranking are the Principal Qualifiers of the Regional Campuses.
To apply online, clink this https://nce.pshs.edu.ph/
DEADLINE OF SUBMISSION FOR PRIVATE SCHOOLS: December 11, 2020
DEADLINE OF SUBMISSION FOR PUBLIC SCHOOLS: December 18, 2020