The International Labour Organization in partnership with TESDA and with the support of JP Morgan is offering a scholarship for women called The WOMENCANDOIT Scholarship Programme. It aims to provide women with critical soft and technical STEM-related skills, employability and leadership training coupled with targeted mentorship to help women gain quality employment and advancement opportunities in STEM-related jobs.
The program is consists of more than 200 scholarship slots in information technology training for women in animation, game development, software development, web development, and creative web design.
The courses available in the scholarship program include:
- 3D Animation (NCIII)- Students of the training will learn how to produce key drawings for animation, create 3D digital animation and use an authoring tool to create an interactive sequence. Graduates from the program can work on 3D digital animation, multimedia and special effects for film and television/video in both production and post-production stages. The course runs for 1,040 hours or 6.5 months.
- 2D Animation (NCIII)- The course consists of 840 hours or more than 5 months. Successful graduates of the program can do work on 2D animation, multimedia and special effects for film and television/video in both production and post-production stages.
- Game Development (NCIII)– Students will learn how to design a game program. The course will have a total of 1200 hours or 7.5 months. Successful graduates of the program can apply for work as Game Programmer, Technical Game Designer, Game Tester, Tools Programmer, Game Play Scripter.
- Web development (NTR)– This training consist of basic programming, PHP, My SQL, and Java. The length of the course will be for 120 hours or 3 weeks. Successful graduates of the program can do work as web developers or database developers.
- Creative Web Design– This course will tackle technical skills in UI/UX, Coding (HTML5), CMS (WordPress) and Web technologies.
- Women aged 18-45 years old
- At least high school graduate
- With a passion for technology
Applicants who are interested to apply must submit the following documents:
- High School or College Diploma
- Form 138 or Transcript of Records
- Birth Certificate
- Certificate of Employment (for Industry Workers)
- 1×1, 2×2 & passport size pictures (with collar and white background 3 pcs each)
How to Apply
Inquire at the following training centers for the Women in STEM scholarship in the following cities:
Human Resource Development Institute
Courses Offered: 3D Animation and Game Development
3D Animation: Interested parties must send a Letter of Intent to Train, Ten (10) Sample Drawing and an ePortfolio Link(if applicable), and Resume with Recent Picture to :
Top Peg Animation
Courses Offered: Animation and 2D Animation
Interested applicants may take the creative drawing exam from Mon to Sat at 1 pm at Top Peg Animation Studio, #01 Jasmin Street, Manuela 1 Subdivision, Pamplona III
Las Piñas City. Send or bring a resume to Rachelle at [email protected] / 0999 1439389 / 0927 8247223
MFI Polytechnic Institute
Course Offered: Web Development, Creative Web Design
Interested applicants may visit MFI Polytechnic, MFI Building, Ortigas Avenue, Pasig 1605 or email them at [email protected] or at trunk lines (+632) 6320756, (+632) 6320758 to 65 local 446 /283 /431 / 433
Swiss IT Academy
Courses Offered: Web Development, Creative Web Design
All aspiring scholars must undergo a personal registration and interview in our training Center at unit 1503, Tycoon Center, Pearl Drive, Ortigas, Pasig City.
Contact Ms. Dina Villanueva at [email protected] / [email protected] or at contact numbers: T: +632 997 5237/ 86313776 or at mobile numbers
0939 713 8482 / 0956 518 4229
DEADLINE OF APPLICATIONS
28 February 2020