The PMMA opens online applications for those interested to apply for the entrance exam who were not able to pass their application through mail or courier.
What is PMMA?
The Philippine Merchant Marine Academy (PMMA) is the only premier state maritime institution in the Philippines. PMMA offers merchant marine related degree courses, as well as short term training and re-training of marine officers and ratings seamen.
PMMA midshipmen are government scholars, who are provided free tuition fees, board and lodging, and have an assured shipboard training onboard international vessels during their third year with the corresponding stipend. Upon graduation, PMMA midshipmen are assured of a 100% employment rate and are the usual choice and preference of major global shipping and manning companies for assignment to International Ocean going vessels as deck officers and engineers.
PMMA midshipmen are selected from all over the Philippines through a rigid selection process. Out of average examinees of 6,400 about 5% successfully pass the different stages of the screening process and subsequently take their oath as full-fledged PMMA midshipmen.
- A government scholarship;
- Experience a semi-military lifestyle of leadership environment;
- Rewarding leadership and training experiences;
- Travel the world for free while still a cadet;
- An assured shipboard training onboard international ocean-going vessels;
- Automatic commissionship in the Philippine Navy and Philippine Coast Guard as Ensign (2Lt);
- Earn a Bachelor’s Degree;
- 100% employability, immediate hiring by more than thirty (30) partner international and manning companies; and
- Promising careers in the seafaring industry as master mariners; chief engineers; shipping executives, naval or coast guard officers, educators, trainers in maritime-related industries/institutions.
- Application Procedure
- PMMA Entrance Examination
- Neuro-Psychological Evaluation
- Medical Screening
- One-Month Orientation Training
- Appointment as Midshipman
BASIC QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Male or female, physically fit, natural born Filipino citizen;
- Single and never been married and has no children out of wedlock;
- Free from being accused or convicted of any crime against the law and the state;
- At least 17 years old and not more than 23 years old upon enrollment on August 01;
- Grade 12 student; College Level
- At least 160 centimeters (5 ft. & 3 in.) for male and 155 centimeters (5 ft. & 1 in.) for female;
- BMI of less than 25;
- At least of good academic performance;
- Has not been enrolled in PMMA.
GROUNDS FOR MEDICAL DISQUALIFICATION
- Defective Visual Perception (color blindness, nearsighted/farsighted with corrective eyeglasses or lens);
- Physical Deformities (bowlegged) congenital defects;
- Perforated eardrum, chronic sinusitis, bleeding tendencies, hemorrhoids, hernia (if not treated), varicocele, extensive skin disorders;
- History of heart disease, hypertension, asthma, active PTB, kidney and liver diseases, epileptic seizure disorders, major operations, communicable diseases (such as AIDS, Hepatitis, VD, etc.);
- Full dentures, upper and lower; Cleft lip and palate, Malocclusion, Deformities of the face, Open bite, Tongue-tied; Missing of four anterior/posterior teeth.
- Tattoos and other brotherhood marks;
- Additional for Females: Goiter, History of pregnancy, presence of breast mass, painful menstruation.
PMMA Online Application
To apply online, click this link https://rb.gy/sopcyy. Fill up the form and upload the necessary requirements. You should also have an active email address. They won’t entertain incomplete documents as well.
For applicants who already send their application through courier or mail, do not submit your entries to the online portal. Check your email’s inbox and spam folder for your login credentials you will use for the online examination. Call the Admissions Office if you haven’t received your test permit yet.
Deadline for PMMA online application
Deadline for application will be on Wednesday, November 18, 2020.
For further inquiries and clarifications, call the PMMA Admissions Office through the following numbers below.
Office hours: (Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM to 5 PM) Direct Line: (047) 913-2239Trunk Line: (047) 913-4396 loc. 166Mobile Numbers: 0939-785-6822 (SMART) 0966-610-0550 (GLOBE) 0966-659-7052 (GLOBE)
PMMA Online Entrance Exam
The PMMA Entrance Exam (PMMAEE) this year will be conducted online. There are no final dates yet as of now because according to PMMA they are still finalizing it, but it will be held anytime this November.
Examination will be conducted on various dates based on their testing centers. All qualified applicants must always check their provided email address for their schedule.
The test questions are all of the objective type and cover the core subjects of graduating high school students namely:
- English (Vocabulary, Grammar, Analogy, Reading Comprehension)
- Mathematics (Algebra, Geometry, Statistics and Trigonometry)
- Science (General Science, Chemistry and Physics)
- Abstract Reasoning