OWWA offers different Scholarships to the dependents and beneficiaries of an OFW. Two of these are the EDSP and OFWDSP. Find out the requirements and qualifications here.
- 1.Education for Development Scholarship Program (EDSP)
- OFW Dependent Scholarship Program (OFWDSP)*
- OWWA Regional Office
1.Education for Development Scholarship Program (EDSP)
The EDSP is a scholarship grant offered to qualified dependents of active OWWA members. It is in the form of financial assistance amounting to a maximum of P60,000.00 per school year.
Beneficiaries of OFW who intend to enroll a 4-5 year baccalaureate course in any preferred colleges/universities.
- The scholarship grant is only provided once per family of an active OWWA member –OFW.
- The dependent applicant must not be a recipient of any other scholarship grant.
- The applicant has not previously taken the EDSP qualifying examination and any post-secondary/vocational or undergraduate/college units.
- The member-OFW must have an active membership with OWWA at the time of the application.
- Should not be more than 21 years of age.
- Must pass the qualifying examination conducted by DOST and belongs to the top 200 examination passer.
- The applicant must have an average grade of at least 80% and belongs to the upper 20% of the 3rd year/high school graduating class.
- The dependent-applicant must pass the College Admission Test of the university he/she intends to enroll.
- Accomplished EDSP Application Form (2 copies)
- 2×2 ID Photos (2 copies)
- Birth Certificate authenticated by PSA
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- Form 137 for incoming first-year college or Transcript of Records or Certificate of Grades for those already enrolled in college
- Certification from the principal that the applicant obtained a general weighted average (GWA) of 80% and that he/she belongs to the top 20% of the graduating class
- OFW Dependency
Filing of EDSP Application
Filing of application starts every June of each school year. Deadline for submission of application is every first week of August of each year or as prescribed by ROCS based on the scheduled qualifying exam conducted by DOST.
An applicant must be 4th year high school student and belongs to the graduating class at the time of the application.
Application with incomplete documentary requirements will not be accepted.
Applications are subject for review and further verification as to the documentary requirements submitted.
Application approval only identifies applicants who are qualified to take the national competitive exam conducted by DOST. Examinees who belong to the top 200 passers will qualify for the scholarship.
OFW Dependent Scholarship Program (OFWDSP)*
The ODSP is educational assistance to qualified dependents of active OWWA-member OFWs who intend to pursue any 4 or 5-year baccalaureate degree or associate degree in a state college or university.
The scholarship shall be in the form of financial assistance of P20,000.00 per year. The program is for dependents of OFW whose income is not more than US$400.00.
- Legal dependents of an active OWWA member-OFW whose monthly salary is US$400 or below. Legal dependent refers to only 1 child of married or single or only 1 sibling of member-OFW.
- The qualified legal dependent must be single and not more than 21 years old.
- He/she must be a high school graduate, physically, mentally and morally fit.
- He/she must pass the entrance examination conducted by state college/university in OWWA Regional Offices where she intends to enroll.
- The dependent-applicant must not be a recipient of any other scholarship grants
Each OWWA active member is entitled to only 1 scholarship beneficiary.
OFW couples who are both eligible for the program shall be entitled to only 1 scholarship slot.
Eligible OFW dependent who are previous availees of the EDSP and CMWSP is no longer qualified under the ODSP
- Accomplished Application Form (2 copies)
- 2×2 ID Photos (2 copies)
- Proof of relationship to OWWA member (e.g. PSA or Local Civil Registry (LCR)-authenticated birth certificate and certificate of no marriage if OFW is single).
- Form 137 for incoming first-year college or Transcript of Records or Certificate of Grades for those already enrolled in college.
- Medical certificate/clearance from any DOH-accredited hospital/center/clinic.
- Certificate of Good Moral Character issued by the principal/guidance counselor.
- Accomplished original copy of the Scholarship Agreement.
OWWA Regional Office
Check the OWWA Regional Office near you as they have different sets of Schedules and Deadlines. Availabilities of Scholarship may also differ.