REVIEWER FOR DRIVER’S LICENSE
(PROFESSIONAL – LIGHT VEHICLES)
- Having a driver’s license is a:
- A Public Utility Vehicle can only be driven by a holder of a:
Answer: Professional Driver’s License
- A steady red cross (“X”) in tollways means:
Answer: You cannot drive through this lane
- Drivers of public utility vehicles are prohibited from:
Answer: Overcharging fares and fast taximeters and
cutting trip or going beyond authorized line
- To avoid confusion to other road users, after changing lanes,
finishing a turn and overtaking, the driver should:
Answer: Make sure your signal light turns off after
changing lanes, overtaking and finishing a turn
- The license of a Public Utility Vehicle driver who refuses to
convey passengers shall be:
Answer: Confiscated and suspended
- What documents must you carry along whenever you drive a
FOR HIRE vehicle?
Answer: Driver’s license, certificate of registration,
current official receipt of payment of the vehicle registration and valid franchise.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol is one of the major
causes of vehicular accident because when a driver is drunk,
Answer: Arrogant, talkative and doesn’t have the
judgment and the reflexes to perform things safely
- At rotundas or roundabouts which of the following vehicles
have the right of way?
Answer: Vehicles within the rotundas or roundabouts
- A pre-trip inspection should be completed:
Answer: Before operating the motor vehicle
- The vehicle you are driving is stalled on a two-way
(opposite direction) highway, you should place the Early Warning Device (EWD):
Answer: 4 meters at the back and front of the stalled
- When a heavy fog occurs, you should:
Answer: Park at a rest area or vehicle stop until the
fog has lifted
- When may you drive off of the paved roadway to pass another vehicle?
Answer: Under no circumstances
14.It is illegal to park:
Answer: within 4 meters of a fire hydrant and within 6
meters from the intersection
- Before making a turn, the driver should use the turn signal
at what distance?
Answer: 30 meters
- Whenever you are driving and you have to make or answer
a call on your cellular phone you should:
Answer: Pull over on the side of the road at a safe location to answer or make a call
- When are you permitted to double park?
- When taking any medicine, you should:
Answer: Consult your doctor about the effects before
- You are preparing to exit an expressway, when should you
start reducing speed?
Answer: Immediately upon entering the deceleration
- It is not considered safe driving on an expressway when a
driver of a motor vehicle:
Answer: Change lanes without signaling
- Describes the thinking of a defensive driver?
Answer: Considers what other drivers might do and is
preparing to do
- At an intersection with traffic signals, if you are not in the
proper lane to make a right or left turn you should:
Answer: Continue to the next intersection to make the
- What should you do when you are driving at night?
Answer: Make sure you are driving within visibility
range of your headlight so you can stop in an emergency
- When you are parked at the side of the road at night, you
Answer: Warn others by turning on your 4-way emergency flashers
- What is not a good trait of a driver?
Answer: Driving recklessly and under the influence of
alcohol or drug
- Chances of being hurt or killed while driving are reduced if
one is wearing:
Answer: Seat belts
- Road accidents can be avoided and minimized if the driver:
Answer: Knows and obeys traffic signals, rules and
- A flashing yellow light means:
Answer: Slow down and proceed with caution
- When do you have to make a full stop?
Answer: At a red traffic light
- In order to meet one’s social responsibilities of caring for
others on the road, a good driver should:
Answer: Always exercise care for pedestrians and
other road users
- While driving with maximum speed and you have to stop
suddenly, you should:
Answer: Apply your brakes gently with steady pressure
- The proper hand signal for a left turn is:
Answer: Left arm straight in horizontal position
- If two vehicles approach or enter an intersection at approximately the same time, which vehicle has the right-of-way:
Answer: The vehicle on the right
- The most effective way to deal with a tailgater is to:
Answer: Slow down and let him pass
- A driver while on a highway, business or residential areas,
shall yield the right-of-way to:
- When can you lend your driver’s license?
Answer: Under no circumstances
- Seatbelts must be worn by children aged:
Answer: 7 years and above
- Steady green light at an intersection means:
Answer: It is the turn of the vehicle on the other side
to stop and pedestrians are not allowed to cross the
- Traffic jam can be prevented if you:
Answer: Keep opposing lanes open
- Signs that are triangular in shape and with a red colored
border are called:
Answer: Cautions or warning signs
- Signs that are round, inverted triangle or octagonal with red
colored border are called:
Answer: Regulatory signs
- What affects your visibility while driving at night?
Answer: Defective and dirty headlights
- When approaching a flooded area and you have to go
through it, what should you do?
Answer: Proceed at a very slow speed
- When driving at night, you should:
Answer: Always turn your headlights on
- A driver on a highway shall yield the right-of-way to:
Answer: Police/fire department vehicles and ambulance when such vehicles are on emergency call
- Ignoring traffic lights could:
Answer: Involve you in fatal accident
- What is the proper attitude of a good driver?
Answer: Follow the traffic laws, rules and regulations
- What should you do when approaching a pedestrian lane?
Answer: Stop and yield to pedestrians
- A flashing red light means:
Answer: You must stop and then go only when it is
safe to do so
- It is considered as one of intentional violation?
Answer: Driving against the flow of the traffic and
Overtaking in the shoulder or sidewalks
- This traffic sign states directions and distances?
Answer: Informative signs
- A “cross buck” sign means you are approaching a:
Answer: Railway crossing
- The Traffic light or signal that tells you to stop before the
Answer: Steady Red Light
- A traffic signal light that warns you that the red light is about
to turn on:
Answer: Steady yellow light
- The traffic signal light that means you can go if the intersection is clear:
Answer: Steady green light
- This traffic sign warns you that school children may be present in the vicinity:
- Before entering any intersection and you can see traffic
coming from your left and right, you should:
- A driver must not park or stop at the side of the road with a
“STOP SIGN” or a traffic control signal because it reduces visibility for other drivers, especially when it is within:
- A driver ____ park or stop at the side of the
road within 6 meters of a crosswalk because it reduces the visibility of pedestrians to other drivers:
Answer: Should not
- If you are backing up in a straight line, turn and look behind
you over your shoulder at:
- If in doubt while at an intersection, one must:
Answer: Yield to the right-of-way
- If another car enters the intersection at the time you do and
it is on your right, you must:
- If the driver is turning left, he must:
Answer: Yield to approaching vehicles
- When making a U-turn, which of the following is not permitted?
Answer: When it would interfere with other traffic
- Keeping one`s distance lessens the risk of accident. One
good Rule is to leave a car length or:
Answer: 2-second rule
- On the expressway, if a driver tries to drive slower that the
traffic, he is a hazard to the cars:
- In case of a breakdown, which of the following should not
be done by a driver?
Answer: Walk or hitchhike for help
- if you are the first to arrive at the scene of an accident,
which of the following should you do:
Answer: Offer all reasonable assistance
- On long drives, you should be awake and alert. If you are
tired or very sleepy, you should:
Answer: Park at the designated bay of the road and
take a few minutes` nap
- Drivers have to make decisions:
Answer: Continuously as they drive 71. When you intend to drive slower than the other vehicle, you should use the:
- When you intend to drive slower than the other vehicle, you
should use the:
Answer: Outermost (right) lane
- It is not a safe place to overtake to:
Answer: an intersection and when approaching a
bridge or a curve
- At an intersection with no traffic signals, two cars approach
at right angles to each other, which driver must yield?
Answer: The driver who gets there last
- At an intersection with no traffic signals, two cars approach
at right angles to each other, which driver has the right-of-way?
Answer: The car on the right
- What hand signal must a driver give when he wants to stop?
Answer: Left arm held down and hand pointing at the
- What hand signal must a driver give when he wants to turn
Answer: Left arm bent at elbow, hand pointing up
- What hand signal must a driver give when he wants to turn
Answer: Left arm held straight horizontally
- According to RA 9994 (Expanded Senior Citizens Act of
2010) how much is the Fare discounts granted to Senior Citizens?
Answer: 20% of the prescribed fare
- Who are entitled to fare discounts?
Answer: Senior Citizens and students
- What should you do if you are requested by a law enforcer
Answer: Stop and show your driver’s license and other documents if asked by the law enforcer
- If you are involved in an accident, what should you do?
Answer: Notify the nearest hospital and notify the
nearest police station
- If a passenger left some personal belongings in your vehicle, what should you do?
Answer: Surrender the belongings to the nearest authority
- The driver of a public utility vehicle has full responsibility to:
Answer: Passengers and their belongings
- What is the meaning of ‘Yellow Box’ in the middle of the intersection?
Answer: Keep the intersection open
- Wearing of slippers while driving is:
Answer: Not allowed at all times
- The disciplined and careful driver:
Answer: Shows respect to other road users at all
- Being passed is a normal part of driving and should not be
taken as an insult to one’s ability. While being overtaken, a driver must:
Answer: Pull the vehicle to the right, slow down and
make it easy for the other vehicle to pass
- In traffic direction and control, when both the traffic lights
and traffic enforcer are directing traffic, which will you follow to
Answer: Traffic enforcer
- If you were apprehended for Disregarding Traffic Sign
(DTS), what will you do next time so that you will not be apprehended for the same violation?
Answer: Drive your car according to the required
speed and read traffic signs carefully
- You are driving on a two (2) lane road. A vehicle coming
from the opposite direction decides to overtake. Judging by his
speed and his distance from you, he will not make it and he is
on a head on collision course with you. What will you do?
Answer: Reduce your speed right away and pull over
to the right shoulder of the road
- In order to avoid being apprehended for violation of failure
to convey passenger to proper destination, what is the right
thing to do?
Answer: Strictly follow your authorized route
- Driving in heavy rains can be extremely dangerous because
of zero visibility. What should you do?
Answer: When you cannot see more than 20m in front
of you, turn on your hazard lights/headlights and look
for a safe place to park
- When making a right turn, you must:
Answer: Stay on the outermost lane of the road then
signal your intention to turn right at least 30 meters
before you intend to make your turn
- When you intend to turn right or left, signal your intention at
Answer: 30 meters before you intend to make your
- At an intersection with a traffic light, make a left turn only
Answer: The green light is on and there is a left turn
- While you were driving on the highway, you noticed that a
lot of passengers are waiting, yet you still have 3 remaining passengers inside your jeepney, what will you do?
Answer: Convey all your passengers up to their destinations
- It refers to an act penalizing person under the influence of
alcohol, dangerous drugs, and similar substances, and for other
Answer: R.A. No. 10586
- It refers to the act of operating a motor vehicle while the
driver’s BAC level has, after being subjected to an ABA test,
reached the level of intoxication as established jointly by the
DOH, the NAPOLCOM and the DOTC.
Answer: Driving under the influence of alcohol
- It refers to alcoholic beverages classified into beer, wine and
distilled spirits, the consumption of which produces intoxication.
- It refers to the equipment which can determine the BAC
level of a person through testing of his breath.
Answer: Alcohol Breath Analyzer
- A driver of a private motor vehicle with a gross vehicle
weight not exceeding 4500 kg. a BAC level of _ or
higher shall be conclusive proof that said driver is driving under
the influence of alcohol.
- It refers to standardized tests to initially assess and determine intoxication.
Answer: Field Sobriety Test
- It refers to measure of amount of alcohol in a person’s
Answer: Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC)
- For drivers of trucks, buses, motorcycles and public utility
vehicles, a BAC level of more than _ shall be conclusive
proof that said driver is driving under the influence of alcohol.
Answer: : 0.0%
- It refers to horizontal or lateral jerking of the driver’s eyes
as he or she gazes sideways following a moving object such as
pen or the tip of a penlight held by the LEO from a distance of
about one (1) foot away from the face of the driver.
Answer: The Eye Test (“horizontal gaze nystagmus”)
- It shall mean that the LEO has reasonable ground to believe that the person driving the motor vehicle is under the influence of alcohol, dangerous drugs and/or other similar substances upon personally witnessing a traffic offense committed.
Answer: probable cause
- A driver found to have been driving a motor vehicle while
under the influence of alcohol, dangerous drugs and/or other
similar substances, as provided for under section 5 of this Act,
shall be penalized if the violation did not result in physical injuries or homicide with:
Answer: three (3) months imprisonment, and a fine
ranging from Twenty thousand pesos (Php20,000.00)
to Eighty thousand pesos (Php80,000.00)
- It refers to any land transportation vehicles propelled by
any other power than muscular power.
Answer: motor vehicle
- It What is the short title of R.A. No. 10586?
Answer: Anti- Drunk and Drugged Driving Act of 2013
- A type of field sobriety test that requires the driver to walk
heel-to-toe along a straight line for nine (9) steps, turn at the
end and return to the point of origin without any difficulty.
Answer: The Walk-and-Turn
- A type of field sobriety test that requires to stand an either
right or left leg with both arms on the side. The driver is instructed to keep the foot raised about six (6) inches off the
ground for thirty (30) seconds.
Answer: The One-Leg Stand
- According to the Philippine Clean Air Act of 1999 (R.A. No.
Answer: Every citizen has the right to breathe clean
- The Road Users Charge Law (R.A. No. 8794) was enacted
by the Philippine Congress to serve as basis for.
Answer: Collecting registration fee for motor vehicle
- When can a driver’s license be lent out
Answer: It must not be lent out.
- What documents should a driver carry all the time when he
Answer: Driver’s license, certificate of registration
and official receipt of the latest payment of Road Users Charge from the LTO (CR and OR)
Source: LTO website
See the PDF below to download:
Questionnaire for PROFESSIONAL DRIVER’S LICENSE APPLICANTS (Heavy Vehicles)