Students are now exempted from terminal fees in Airport operated by Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP).
Coverage of free terminal fee
Learners who are actively enrolled in the lists will be exempted.
- Nursery/ kindergarten schools,
- Elementary/ Primary schools,
- Trade, Art, Vocational schools,
- Training centers and colleges/ universities in the Philippines.
However, those enrolled in dancing, driving schools, culinary arts, and seminar-type short term courses, could not avail of this privilege. Students taking up Medicine, Law, masters and doctorate degrees are also not included.
How to avail?
Qualified students or his/her guardian must proceed to Malasakit Help Desk and secure application form for Student Exemption Certificate.
Applicants shall fill-up the application form and submit a copy of their Valid ID or current school registration card.
The accomplished form shall be submitted to CAAP authorized representative for validation and processing.
After CAAP representative checks the authenticity and completeness of the submitted documents, they will release a certificate of exemption.
The certificate will be sent to the email of the applicant.
Once the student secures his or her Student Exemption Certificate, this shall be presented to the CAAP representative, along with his or her boarding pass and ticket itinerary receipt.
Qualified student passengers with flights starting 01 August 2019 and purchased previously within a period of one (1) year may seek for a refund of the terminal fee that was integrated into their airline tickets purchased at point of sale or online.
Process of Refund
A Refund can be made by the student or the guardian of the applicant.
- Proceed to Airport Malasakit Desk.
- Present the following to Authorized CAAP representative: Certificate of Exemption, Boarding Pass, Passenger’s Ticket Itinerary Receipt.
- CAAP representative will verify the submitted documents.
- CAAP will release the payment for refund.
- Exempted Student shall sign the receipt of refund.