Tabang OFW is the new program of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) and Commission on Higher Education (CHED) in response to President Duterte’s directive in his meeting with Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases and in his 5th State of the Nation Address (SONA) to provide assistance and help to dependents of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) who return in the Philippines due to losing their jobs amid the Covid 19 pandemic as well as those OFW who died from the virus.
What is Tabang OFW Program?
It is a tertiary Education Subsidy to support and continue the education of the dependents of OFW dependents. One college-level dependent of the OFW will receive one-time assistance of Php 30,000 for the Academic Year 2020-2021.
The beneficiary of the Tabang OFW Progam
One college-level dependent of OFW who are affected by the Covid 19 pandemic. Either the OFW has lost his/her job, has returned to the Philippines or has died of the said virus.
Who are OFW dependents?
For Married OFW’s, their dependents are their children aged 30 years old below and are not yet married.
For Single OFW’s, their dependents are their children, siblings, or niece aged 30 years old and below and are not yet married.
What are the qualifications for the program?
1) Filipino citizen;
2) Qualified in the admission requirements of SUC’s, CHED recognized LUC’s and private HEI’s and not exceeded its Maximum residency requirements.
3) Not expelled in any HEI
4) Enrolled in an undergraduate post-secondary program of SUCs, CHED-recognized LUCs or programs of private HEI included in CHED Registry;
5) A Dependent of returning OFW who lost his/her job or an OFW who died of COVID 19 certified by the DOLE-OWWA.
6) Not a beneficiary of any scholarship or grant of the government. The beneficiary of PROJECT EASE can still qualify for TABANG OFW.
How to apply for TABANG OFW program?
- To apply, fill out the application form online by clicking this link http://tabangofw-ease.owwa.gov.ph/.
- OWWA and Regional Welfare Officers will accept and review the applications before they will endorse it to the DOLE Regional Offices.
- The DOLE regional office will pass the list of beneficiaries approved to the DOLE Central Office.
- The DOLE Central Office will consolidate the list and will forward it to CHED Unifast the certified master list of Tabang OFW qualified beneficiaries.
- DOLE Financial and Management Service will prepare all the documents for the fund transfer through Cash Advance of DOLE RO.
- The qualified beneficiary will receive 30k assistance through bank transfer or electronic payment facility after two weeks of approval of the application.
These are the requirements needed to pass online:
– Receipt of proof of enrolment [i.e., Enrolment Assessment Form (EAF), Certificate of Registration (COR), Certificate of Enrolment (COE), etc.] or
– Documents for enrolment [i.e., Assessment Form, Admission Test Result, etc.] in electronic format.
– Passport or other travel documents
– Proof of arrival if returnee
– Proof of displacement (i.e., POLO/Company Certification, Affidavit)
– Death certificate (FOR OFW who died of Covid)
– Embassy/Consulate official transmission
– Proof of relationship with the dependent (Dependent birth certificate at Marriage Contract/CENOMAR ng OFW)
– Affidavit that the dependent is not a beneficiary of any scholarship grant in the government.
For queries or questions contact:
OWWA Hotline: 1348
DOLE Command Center
Email Address: email@example.com
(02) 85680986; (02) 85680984; (02) 85273476; (02) 85273525; (02) 85272115; (02) 53096605; (02) 83538067
DOLE-Bureau of Local Employment (BLE)