The Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) offers a Php10,000 yearly allowance to 10,000 children or dependents of its low-income members.
It will allocate Php100 million educational subsidy program yearly through the GSIS Educational Subsidy Program (GESP).
Also Read: List of GESP grantees 2020-2021
“In support of the social development policy of President Duterte to provide wider access to quality college education to the marginalized sector, GSIS aims to augment the means of its low-income members in sending their children or dependents to college through the grant of a P10,000 yearly allowance,” said GSIS chairman and concurrent acting president and general manager Rolando Macasaet.
It aims to complement RA No. 10931 or the 2017 Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education which provides free tuition and miscellaneous fees to enrollees of state colleges and universities.
According to Macasaet, in order to extend aid to more recipients, they will offer GESP to a wide number of members. They will select 10,000 children or dependents of members with the lowest annual basic salary from among the applicants nationwide.
Who are qualified for the Program?
- All GSIS members with Permanent Status at the time of application with a salary grade of 24 or below or its equivalent job level are eligible to apply. The member’s GSIS account (premium and loan payment) must be in good standing with updated payment and not declared in arrears on amortization of not more than three (3) months are eligible to apply.
- The member is allowed to nominate one (1) grantee who meets the following qualifications:
a. Must be a child of a member, including the child of a solo parent-member as defined under The Solo Parents’
b. The grantee must be a college student in any year level who is accepted in or taking up any 4-5 year course in any
CHED registered SUC, LUC, or private colleges and universities.
c. The grantee must have a General Weighted Average of 80% (grade in the previous semester/term) with no failing
grades and incomplete marks.
What are the Requirements?
To apply, you must submit the following:
- Filled out GESP application Form
- Service Record or Certificate of Employment
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Certificate of Registration of Grades (1st Semester 2019-2020)
How to apply?
Email the above requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also submit the requirements in a drop box for areas that are not in General Community Quarantine.
For more inquiries you can contact:
Corporate Social Advocacies and Public Relations Facilities Department
Telephone number: (02) 8479-3571 and (02) 8479-3572 Cellphone: 0915-7364175
or any GSIS Branch Office in your area.
According to GSIS, there will be additional documents that need to pass once the grantee is chosen. These documents should be submitted in 10 days from the time the acknowledgment from GSIS was received.
The allowance shall be release through electronic crediting to their account at the Land Bank of the Philippines that will be opened by GSIS for this purpose.